Festival & Social Media Intern
APPLICATION DEADLINE: POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers is an inclusive, non-profit, arts-based society that exists to encourage filmmaking as art, reflecting and challenging our changing cultural landscape through production, exhibition and distribution of the filmmaker's work.
We are now accepting applications to hire a Festival & Social Media Intern to support us in the planning & execution of the 26th Annual Artifact Small Format Film Festival!
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting the planning and execution of the 26th Annual Artifact Small Format Film Festival (formerly the $100 Film Festival)
- Writing content for the weekly member newsletter and all social media platforms
- Managing CSIF's social media accounts (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) with a special focus on the Artifact Film Festival (March 8 - 10, 2018)
- Event Planning Support
- Writing for various platforms
- Social media management
- Exposure to the operations of a board-run, non-profit society
- January 23 - March 30, 2018: Seven (7) hours per week for 10 weeks
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Event Planning
- Arts and Cultural Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Event Planning Experience
- Writing Skills
- Social Media Expertise
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Develop content for newsletter
- Manage social media for festival
- Support the successful implementation of the 26th Annual Artifact Small Format Film Festival
Eligible candidates must be post-secondary students living in Alberta. More info about eligibility can be found here.
To apply for this position, please visit the SCiP website.