Are you interested in accessing affordable film equipment, filmmaking workshops, and community activities? Then you should definitely think about getting your very own CSIF Membership!
The membership policy of CSIF is intended to engage members who are willing to commit time and energy to the society in exchange for CSIF's commitment towards their individual film making endeavours.
As a member, you'll also receive perks and discounts from our community partners: The Camera Store, Matrix Video Communications, Niagara Custom Lab, Vistek, Calgary Cinematheque, Quickdraw Animation Society, Calgary Underground Film Festival, Fairytales Film Festival, Globe Cinema, Rosso Coffee Roasters, Shelf Life Books, and Frame Discreet:
Steps to becoming a CSIF Member
Step 1: Attend one of our MANDATORY new member orientations
If you would like to learn about what we do, have us answer any questions you may have, and/or purchase a membership, then you should definitely attend one of our new member orientations. These sessions are mandatory for all new members, and are held at our office once every month. Upcoming orientations are on:
Saturday, February 3rd: 11am - 12pm
Saturday, March 3rd: 11am - 12pm
Saturday, April 7th: 11am - 12pm
You can always purchase a membership by dropping by the office during regular office hours or over-the-phone at 403-205-4747. However, you must attend a new member orientation to make the membership valid.
step 2: Acquire an Associate Membership (Level 1)
CSIF Associate Membership is a supporting level of membership (and the one everyone starts with). It is open to anyone wishing to support the Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives of the CSIF.
Associate members receive:
- Information about CSIF through regular e-newsletters
- Access to equipment rentals after a 1 month probationary period (ie. good standing)
- Discounts on all CSIF workshops and screenings
- Eligible to submit films to member screenings
- Voting rights at general meetings and at the AGM
- Access to grants and member programs
- Film & Book Library rentals
- Facility rentals at the CSIF office
- Discounts with our community partners
Once you acquire an Associate Membership, you can start working towards upgrading to a Production Membership.
Step 3: Acquire a Production Membership (level 2)
Once you spend a minimum of 3 months as an Associate Member and commit a minimum of 20 volunteer hours to CSIF (more info on volunteering can be found here), you are eligible to upgrade your membership to a Production Membership.
The Production Membership is intended for all active members of the Society who wish to use the Facilities of the Society to produce their own films at a lower cost than Associate Members. Production membership is open to any member in good standing who can demonstrate proficiency with the equipment he or she intends to use.
- All applications for Production Membership must apply in person to the Production Director.
- Production Members must have been an Associate Member of the CSIF for a minimum of three months.
- Production Members must commit to 20 hours of volunteer work to the Co-op.
- Production Members must demonstrate an understanding of the CSIF's Policy, Aims and Objectives.
Production members receive:
- All the same rights as an Associate Member.
- The right to reserve and rent production equipment from the Society at a discounted rate
- Eligibility for election to the Board of Directors